Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous is a Twelve Step, Twelve Tradition-oriented fellowship based on the model pioneered by Alcoholics Anonymous.
The only qualification for SLAA membership is a desire to stop living out a pattern of sex and love addiction. SLAA is supported entirely through contributions of its membership, and is free to all who need it.
To counter the destructive consequences of sex and love addiction we draw on five major resources:
1. Sobriety. Our willingness to stop acting out in our own personal
bottom-line addictive behavior on a daily basis.
2. Sponsorship/Meetings. Our capacity to reach out for the
supportive fellowship within SLAA.
3. Steps. Our practice of the Twelve Step program of recovery to
achieve sexual and emotional sobriety.
4. Service. Our giving back to the SLAA community what we
continue to freely receive.
5. Spirituality. Our developing a relationship with a Power greater
than ourselves which can guide and sustain us in recovery.