The Twelve Steps of SLAA
1. We admitted we were powerless over sex and love addiction, that our
lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God
as we understood God.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact
nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make
amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to
do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong
promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious
contact with a Power greater than ourselves, praying only for
knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried
to carry this message to sex and love addicts, and to practice these
principles in all areas of our lives.